Monday, May 9, 2011

How to choose a tattoo to be proud of for life

Because tattoos are for life

I will never forget my first tattoo.  I was really unsure about what I wanted design wise.  I began looking through the different pictures when this guy says to me, "is this your first tattoo?"  I told him it was and he said, "when you get a tattoo, a person should get something that really means something to them because they're for life."  I thought about what he said for a minute and knew right then what I wanted and who I wanted to tattoo me.  I received my first two tattoos ever that night by Mr. Chris.

Follow Your Gut

No matter what you do in life, you should always follow your gut.  That gut instinct a person gets when something feels good or when it just doesn't feel too right at all can really be something to watch out for here.  What are you sure about?

Where will you get the tattoo?

So, maybe you know what you want design wise but as far as where you want a tattoo placed is your issue.  Think of your body as a work of art.  Your body is the canvas.  What is the general shape of your tattoo?  Here you are going to have to think like an artist.  You want the shape to fit the area of your body.  Let's just say for example that you are wanting a skull.

The shape of the skull is rounded so it makes sense that you would want it on your shoulder blade.  Understand what I am saying?  The area of the body where you want the tattoo should be complimentary to the tattoo itself.

Still don't know what you want?

With all of that squared away, you are still unsure about design the only thing that I know to say is to follow your gut, brainstorm you options, checkout tattoo pics, and don't forget Mr. Chris' advice.  Pick something that really means something to you because tattoos are for life.

Research, research, research - not just for design but the reputation of the establishment themselves as well as the artist.  Every artist should have a portfolio and a tattoo artist is no different so be sure to check out their work.

When you figure out what you want, come back and let me help you design it and together we will come up with a tattoo that you will be proud of for life.

100 Pieces Mixed Assorted Disposable Tattoo Needles T100"

"Spirit" Transfer Stencil Paper 15 Sheets

Tattoo Supply 100 Plastic Disposable Tips (Nozzles) Round/flat


5x LARGE SHEETS OF TATTOO PRACTICE SKIN 8 X 12 INCHES

Bundle Monster 10pc Fake Temporary Tattoo Sleeves Body Art Arm Stockings Accessories - Designs Tribal, Dragon, Skull, and Etc.

ProudBody Tummy Tatts (Temporary Tummy Tattoos)

No comments:

Post a Comment